Wednesday, January 31, 2007

You've got a friend in me

If you haven't noticed it yet I'm writing in English today. The reason is a new friend of mine. Her name is Julie and I met her during our "leaderweekend" that we had a couple of days ago here in Malmö. Since then I've run ínto her a couple of times and last Saturday we had a conversation about blogging and she promised to visit my blog (which she already has) and I promised to write a post in English so that it would be easier for her to understand. Maybe I should tell you that she's from the states. You know where all the moviestars and rich people live (opps! prejudice). It's so cool to have an American friend! (It's always like this, I think it's so great to meet people from other countries because I have this really sick idea that all countries I haven't visit don't really exist because I haven't seen them with my own two eyes so it's always great when you meet "a living proof" haha) And as a blogger it's important to satisfy all your readers :)

So what's going on here down south? Arash and Sara are gone (like Joel said "the parents are gone so we're having a party in the office") and Joel and I are trying to meet our groups nereby. You might think that we are lazy and all that but we're not. See, this morning we walked to a school to join them on one of their meetings and we left the apartment at 7.15 and walked for like half an hour (is that one word?) and it was, as usual, raining. On our way home we bought some ingridients for the pie that we are making later today. We've invited all our gruops in Malmö to a fika (such a swedish word but I really think we can promote it abroad) so that they can learn to know eachother and just have a good time.

As I'm writing today I'm actually feeling frustation. It's not as easy as I remember it to write in English and it's making me sad. I really have to start using my English again... Maybe I can take a course or something? It's scary how you lose knowledge if you don't use it frequently. One year ago I was thinking in English just because I had an exam comming up and my friends and I spoke Englinsh in the cafeteria, in the library, during lessons and all the time! I constanly used new idiomatic exspressions that I heard just to get used to them, I watched BBC and looked up every word I encountered that I didn't know. But like Arash often says "It's time to stop talking and begin walking" so I might as well take my English book and dive into it now.

I just want to dedicate this post (even though I haven't written anything of intrest) to my new friend Julie and if you read this I want you to know that I'm glad I met you and that I like you a lot!

Something just hit me... It's almost February and I don't know what to do after the summer. Should I continue with New Generation? Is it better to begin studying but if that's the case what would I study? Maybe I can move to England and do something there or go to a bibleschool... Why isn't God keen on writing things with fire on walls in front of His children when they need answers? What will become of me...Anyway, Joel and I are having a siesta right now and next week we're going to vistit all our groups in Blekinge so we better start planing that trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! : ) Du vet vad jag tycker om nästa år! : ) /Milla